Re: GUC configuration - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Θάνος Παπαπέτρου
Subject Re: GUC configuration
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10 Φεβ 2011, at 7:45 ΜΜ, Wappler, Robert wrote:

> Are you looking for custom variable classes?
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/runtime-config-custom.htm

No, thanks for the interest though. I am not developing an add-on in
order to use such kind of functionality. I have made extensive
modifications to the internals of the PostgreSQL optimizer and I need
to have some extra configuration variables passed to it, so I want to
extend the set of core configuration variables and not add some
"external" ones for an add-on module.

Eventually I posted my question in hackers mailing list and I have
found the answers I need - I have to programmatically modify GUC
itself too.

Thanks again,

Thanos

Θάνος Παπαπέτρου

You insist that there is something that a machine can't do. If you
will tell me precisely what it is that a machine cannot do, then I can
always make a machine which will do just that.