Re: [ADMIN] px_resetlog Archiving doesn't work now - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: [ADMIN] px_resetlog Archiving doesn't work now
Date
List pgsql-admin
EDELPINO wrote:
> My colleagues have delete the files from the pg_xlog
>   after that they did a px_resetlog and start de database and it's working
> now but when I set the archiving on in other path, this one doesn't work and
> the files from pg_xlog folder are not rotated.
>
> Can anyone help in this?

Dump the database.

Stop the cluster and take a physical file system backup.
Keep this if it turns out that the dump was not good.

Remove the cluster and create a new one with "initdb".

Restore the dump into the new cluster.

Check if all data are there and look good.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe