Re: xa compatibility - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: xa compatibility
Date
List pgsql-general
Xaver Thum wrote:
> is there an option (provided by Postgres) accessing a Postgres DB via  the standard XA interface ?
>
> I don't mean the usage of JDBC's class PGXADataSource,
> but the usual XA methods xa_open, xa_prepare, xa_commit, ... of the XA standard.

I am not sure why there is no implementation of the XA API for PostgreSQL,
I have wondered about that myself.

Maybe it is because PostgreSQL's XA support does not offer all the functionality
that the standard provides, maybe it is just because nobody wrote the code for it.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe