Re: Feature Request for Debugging SQL in PGAdmin3 when SQL contains variables - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Paragon Corporation
Subject Re: Feature Request for Debugging SQL in PGAdmin3 when SQL contains variables
Date
List pgadmin-support
Dan,
> Ok, I understand and it's a shame the vars aren't strong typed. It's
little things like that that make me want SQL Server back. It doesn't seem
like a big thing to some people, but for a lot of developers the amount of
> work added by this when debugging sql adds up over time.

I know it's a new invention in PostgreSQL 9.0 so might not be an option for
you, but wouldn't the new

DO command do what you are looking for?

http://wiki.postgresql.org/index.php?title=PostgreSQL_9.0#Anonymous_Function
s_.28aka_Anonymous_Blocks.29