Re: PostgreSQL installation problem on Windows XP Home - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Bearden Barnes
Subject Re: PostgreSQL installation problem on Windows XP Home
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hagop,
You may have missed an earlier post from Jim McMaster in the general list to
someone else with a similar problem.  Assuming you've uninstalled PostgreSQL
and want to reinstall, try the command "net user /delete postgres" to delete
the account and start over.  I've copied Jim's email below.

--Bearden

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim McMaster [mailto:jim.mcmaster@comcast.net]
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 6:08 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] postgres service account

I found this same problem.  The uninstall really needs to remove this
account.  Either that, or the next install process needs to be able
to get the random password somehow.
Open a command prompt, then use the command "net user /delete
postgres" to get rid of the account. "net user" shows all users.
- --
Jim McMaster
mailto:jim.mcmaster@comcast.net