Re: postgres: 100% CPU utilization - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Vivek Khera
Subject Re: postgres: 100% CPU utilization
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Apr 23, 2007, at 12:09 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> And do you have 32 or 64 Megs of memory in that machine?
>
> Cause honestly, that's the kinda hardware I was running 7.0.2 on,
> so you
> might as well get retro in your hardware department while you're at
> it.

I think you're being too conservative... I recall that those specs
for me correspond to running Pg 6.5 as the latest release...  talk
about performance and corruption issues... :-)  He's probably got at
least a Pentium II.

Attachment