Q on SQL Performance tuning - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Bhupathi, Kaushik (CORP)
Subject Q on SQL Performance tuning
Date
Re: Q on SQL Performance tuning  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
List pgsql-performance

Hi Team, I’ve few Questions on SQL perf tuning.

1)      Is there any SQL monitoring report that’s available in Oracle. Highlight of the report is it tells the  % of time spent on CPU & IO. And which step took how much % in overall execution.

2)      Is there anyway to know the historical execution plan details of a particular SQL ? Per my understanding so far since there is no concept of shared pool unlike Oracle every execution demands a new hard parse. However wanted to check with experts to know if any extension available on this?

Thanks!
-Kaushik

This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the message and any attachments from your system.