Re: race condition in sync rep - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: race condition in sync rep
Date
Re: race condition in sync rep
List pgsql-hackers
On Mar 26, 2011, at 6:16 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> That seems very unlikely even with fsync=off in a real config where we
> have network path to consider.
>
> Your definition of a "nasty" race condition seems off.
>
> I've added code for you.

Your skepticism seems out of place. I actually hit this problem in testing. We could debate how realistic my test setup
was,but why?  It is not our policy - and bad practice in general - to ship code with race conditions.  The code you
addedis not "for me"; it's "to fix a race condition".

Thanks for the quick fix.

...Robert