Re: MySQL-ism help patch for psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Christensen
Subject Re: MySQL-ism help patch for psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> The previous discussion started from the idea that only DESCRIBE,
> SHOW DATABASES/TABLES, and USE were worth worrying about.  If we
> were to agree that we'd go that far and no farther, the potential
> conflict with SQL syntax would be pretty limited.  I have little
> enough experience with mysql to not want to opine too much on how
> useful that would be, but it does seem like those are commands
> I use right away anytime I am using mysql.

I have no problems paring down the list of cases; these were the
correspondences I saw off the top of my head.  I definitely don't want
to conflict with any SQL syntax.  The exact wording/output of the
messages can be adjusted at whim.

Regards,

David
--