Re: PgAdmin 1.4.0 Debian SArge AMD64 debs available (Debian-AMD removed) - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Joost Kraaijeveld
Subject Re: PgAdmin 1.4.0 Debian SArge AMD64 debs available (Debian-AMD removed)
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi Raphael,
> thanks for your work, however I have some doubt concerning
> installation of your packages on a pure Sarge system.
> Your debs depend on libpq4 and libwxgtk2.6-0. Neither the
> former nor the latter are included with Sarge.
> Did you use backport of them or simply
> backported these two packages too? Maybe you used a mixed
> Sarge+testing/unstable environment to build the packages?
Ooops. You are right. I have made myself a mixed system (I need PostgreSQL 8.0/1 and wxWidgets 2.6).

> Another thing, the version you used for the packages clashes with my
> versionning scheme and it does not include a debian revision which
> should definitely be added in the case of pgadmin3 package.
There is a reason why I wrote that this is not made an officialDebian maintainer: I know nothing from the Debian
releaseand packaging customs.

> If you agree, I'll ask you for a build of my unofficial packages on
> amd64 for sarge after these uploads so that our users can benefit from
> your build.
No problem, if you assist me with the Debian package stuff.
> IMHO we should leave debian-amd64@lists.d.o as all of this is really
> pgadmin3 related.
Done.

Groeten,