WAL logs - do they operate at a database or cluster level? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Birchall, Austen
Subject WAL logs - do they operate at a database or cluster level?
Date
List pgsql-novice

Hi again and thanks for your help on my previous post.

Now I ask:
From the docs it seems that if I wish to enable WAL archiving for a database I change the settings of  archive_mode  and archive_command

in the postgresql.conf  file.
Am I right to assume that this enables WAL logging at a cluster level i.e. EVERY database in that cluster goes into WAL archive mode?

Thanks
Austen

Austen Birchall  Senior Database Administrator
Met Office
FitzRoy Road Exeter EX1 3PB United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1392 884481 Fax: +44 (0)1392 885681
E-mail: austen.birchall@metoffice.gov.uk Website:
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk