Re: initdb hangs - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Mike Schroepfer
Subject Re: initdb hangs
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Hey Gary,

Download from here and follow the readme:

http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/cygipc/#LATEST

Cygipc is deprecated but not yet replaced.  Cheers,

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Stainburn
To: Mike Schroepfer; 'pgsql-cygwin@postgresql.org '
Sent: 10/25/2002 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: [CYGWIN] initdb hangs

On Friday 25 Oct 2002 4:57 pm, Mike Schroepfer wrote:
> Hello Gary,
>
> Hanging in this spot on initdb usually means you do not have
> the ipc-daemon.exe process running (from cygipc).  Make sure you have
> that running and you should be fine.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike

Hi Mike,

I had seen the mention about the cygipc in the readme, but I don't seem
have it installed and when I looked it up I saw a comment about it being

depreciated and being replaced by functionality in the cygwin DLL.  I
therefore didnt' bother with it.

How do I go about  installing it?  I've had a couple of looks at
installing it
through setup.exe but I can't find it in any of the categories.  (I've
got
cygutils installed which I thought contained it)

Thanks,

Gary

--
Gary Stainburn