Re: search_path vs extensions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: search_path vs extensions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On May 28, 2009, at 1:34 AM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:

>> Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
>>>  "we all agree that a specific pg_extension schema is a good idea,
>>> as
>>>   soon as user is free not to use it at extension install time".
>>
>> I don't think we all agree on that at all. ;-)
>
> Ooops, my mistake, as few people where taking that as implicit and
> as a
> reasoning basepoint in their mails, I assumed we were past the
> question
> already. Sorry to see that's too quick a conclusion... and thanks for
> pointing out the absence of consensus!

I somehow missed Andrew's mail, but I agree that we don't all agree on
that point. I'm fine with having a standard schema for extensions,
just as long as I can tell the installer to actually install it in a
different schema if I want/need to do so.

Best,

David