Re: [pgadmin-support] making me love pgAdmin III - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Christoph Schreiber
Subject Re: [pgadmin-support] making me love pgAdmin III
Date
List pgadmin-support

Hi Dave,

well then I wanna give you a constructive feedback.

My 3 biggest issues with pga4 are

-          It is not working on Win10. If you install it and then e.g. make a dump you don’t see the little pop-up window with the status/error/success message. So I do never know what is happening. And in my opinion a software has to support all modern Windows versions.

-          You cannot make a pg_dump from a single column. You always have to dump the whole table.

-          And the far biggest issue is, that the commit/rollback buttons are missing. I accustom myself to never use the autocommit function for safety reasons. But is there a way in pga4 to commit a query “by hand” like in pga3?

These issues make me use pgAdmin3 with the newest version of the pgsql programm so that it is working with a 9.6 database. And it works fine. No crashes. Even the loosing server connection problems seems to be fixed.

Regards, Christoph