Re: Using more tha one index per table - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Steve Atkins
Subject Re: Using more tha one index per table
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Jul 21, 2010, at 7:27 PM, Greg Smith wrote:

> Steve Atkins wrote:
>> If http://postgresql.org/docs/9.0/* were to 302 redirect to http://postgresql.org/docs/current/* while 9.0 is the
currentrelease (and similarly for 9.1 and so on) I suspect we'd find many more links to current and fewer links to
specificversions after a year or two.

> True, but this would leave people with no way to bookmark a permanent link to whatever is the current version, which
willrepresent a regression for how some people want the site to work.

Well, they'd still be able to link to the specific version with ../9.0/.. and have that link to the version 9.0 docs
forever,just not as easily as a copy/paste. That's the whole point, though, to make the wanted behaviour easier than
the unwanted.

>  Also, this and the idea to add a "this is an old version" note to each old page will end up increasing work for the
alreadyoverloaded web team managing the site.  Neither are unreasonable ideas, there's just some subtle bits to making
eitherhappen that would need to be worked out, and I don't know who would have time to work through everything
involved.

Yup. I'm not convinced it's a great idea either - but it's about the only thing that'd get people to link to
../current/..by default.

Cheers,
  Steve