Re: Professional Service Directory Review - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Professional Service Directory Review
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi Everyone,

On May 4, 2014, at 3:22 PM, Jonathan S. Katz <jonathan.katz@excoventures.com> wrote:

A part of the http://www.postgresql.org site that was in desperate need of review was our professional service directory (http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support/).  Over the past few days, we have conducted a review and have posted the comprehensive results here:

A brief summary:

* 318 services reviewed
* 179 were re-approved
* 77 were removed
* 62 are still under review and temporarily delisted, see below

Services that are "Under Review" have been de-listed and sent a note from our moderation panel specifying what they need to fix in order to be re-listed.  Because most of the changes would be minor, they have been given a week since being contacted to update their information and contact webmaster@postgresql.org otherwise they will be removed.

The services were reviewed impartially without looking into the quality of the service the company is providing, which of course would be impossible to judge without subscribing to the service.  When reviewing, we wanted to make sure that:

a) The company had a web presence
b) The information in the profile was accurately reflected on their website and vice versa

Of course, it is not a fun task to review 318 services!  We are going to attempt to review the services more frequently (e.g. every 1-2 years as opposed to....?), but we kindly ask everyone to please make sure that their information stays up-to-date, which will certainly help the moderation process.

If you believe your listing was removed incorrectly or have any questions about updates to your listing, please send an email to webmaster@postgresql.org

The review is complete.  183 professional services were kept, 137 were removed.  For the full list, please see

Again, if you believe your listing or any other listing was removed incorrectly or have any questions, please send an email to webmaster@postgresql.org

Thanks!

Jonathan