Recalling Previous Commands at the PSQL prompt - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gnoh, Chee Seng
Subject Recalling Previous Commands at the PSQL prompt
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I posted a question on recalling commands at the
PSQL prompt. After reading various replies, I tried the following

1. Installed the libreadline library
2. Recompiled the source, making sure that the HAVE_READLINE and
HAVE_HISTORY flag is turned on.

However I still could not recall previous commands at the PSQL prompt
(e.g using arrow keys). Do I need to make extra entries in my .inputrc
file? If so what should those entries be? Any help is greatly
appreciated. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Chee Seng
(csgnoh@intergraph.com.sg)