Re: PgSQL not as Administrator - probs on w - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Claudio Natoli
Subject Re: PgSQL not as Administrator - probs on w
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
> Thomas Kellerer writes:
> On 09.07.2004 14:27 Steve Tibbett wrote:
> > A warning is appropriate I think.. but refusing to run is going
> > overboard.  Just my two cents.
> I completely agree with that opion!

And so do I. I believe the "refuse to run as admin" will be an unexpected
barrier to people who just want to "download and try out this PostgreSQL
thing", and (regardless of the legitimacy of our stance) will seriously
compromise acceptance.

If we are serious about penetrating the win32 market with this release we
need to relax this, at least as far as allowing the server to run as admin
on for localhost only.

Cheers,
Claudio

---