Re: pg_ctl service integration for WIN32 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Claudio Natoli
Subject Re: pg_ctl service integration for WIN32
Date
List pgsql-patches
Dave Page writes:
> Looks OK to me at a quick glance. One thought though, whilst I like the
> idea of using service pause to do a SIGHUP from a convenience point of
> view, it's not exactly the expected behaviour and might leave the
> inexperienced user wondering why the server is still running normally.
> I'm on the fence regarding which way to to go with that though...

Likewise, I have no strong feelings either way. Apparently it is an accepted
paradigm.

Subconsciously, I must be against it, as I failed to pass a flag to enable
the Pause/SIGHUP operation. :-)

Amended patch attached.
Claudio

---