Re: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL articles - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From John Gray
Subject Re: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL articles
Date
List pgsql-docs
In article <Pine.LNX.4.30.0108150055060.677-100000@peter.localdomain>,
peter_e@gmx.net (Peter Eisentraut) wrote:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
>> I am CC'ing the docs list on this.  Sounds like a nice idea.
>>
>> > If you want you could use a targabot so people could submit news
>> > itmes, then an administrator could come along and approve the good
>> > ones and delete the bad ones.  Then either frame a page on our server
>> > in the postgres site or just a link would do.
>
> Sounds like a slashdot all about PostgreSQL.  Cool.  (Compare
> dot.kde.org.)
>
> The only thing we'd need is a few "journalists" that would pretend to
> maintain this.
>
> ...and someone to sell advertisements.
>
> While we're at it, we need a freshmeat all about PostgreSQL as well.

I was wondering about PostgreSQL weekly news -an amalgam of Linux Weekly
News and Kernel Traffic i.e. something with pointers to docs such as new
tutorials or case studies, press coverage etc. and maybe summaries of "hot
topics on -hackers" stuff to help people understand the "issues of the day".

I might be able to contribute a little time to such a thing. Any interest?

Regards

John