Newbie questions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Bowman
Subject Newbie questions
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm considering replacing my NetWare server running Pervasive SQL with a
server running PostgreSQL.

1. Most people seem to run on some flavor of Unix / Linux. Is one flavor of
Unix / Linux more PostgreSQL "friendly" than another?

2. My user apps run on NT 4.0 Terminal Server Edition with Citrix MetaFrame
1.8. Anybody had any experience using the PostgreSQL ODBC driver in this
environment?

3. If I download PostgreSQL and the ODBC driver must I compile it for the
flavor of Unix / Linux I choose or are there pre-compiled versions?

If I've posted this to the wrong place, please forgive me and set me
straight. I've read some about PostgreSQL and I'm impressed with what I see.

Thank you,
--
Rich Bowman
Bennett Supply Company