Re: [HACKERS] plpgsql - additional extra checks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: [HACKERS] plpgsql - additional extra checks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 03/20/2018 01:35 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:

> On 03/20/2018 05:36 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

>> <mailto:tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com>>:
>>
>>      Hi,
>>
>>      I'm looking at the updated patch (plpgsql-extra-check-180316.patch), and
>>      this time it applies and builds OK. The one thing I noticed is that the
>>      documentation still uses the old wording for strict_multi_assignement:
>>
>>      WARNING:  Number of evaluated fields does not match expected.
>>      HINT:  strict_multi_assignement check of extra_warnings is active.
>>      WARNING:  Number of evaluated fields does not match expected.
>>      HINT:  strict_multi_assignement check of extra_warnings is active.
>>
>>      This was reworded to "Number of source and target fields in assignment
>>      does not match."
>>

>> fixed
>>

> OK, thanks. PFA I've marked it as ready for committer.

Stephen, what are your thoughts about this patch? I remember discussing
it with you at pgcon, but I don't recall what exactly your complaints
were. Do you see any problems with the current version of the patch?

regards