Re: BUG #16858: clang10-devel packages are missing in SLES15 SP2 in general - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: BUG #16858: clang10-devel packages are missing in SLES15 SP2 in general
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On Tue, 2021-02-09 at 10:21 +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
we have just incuded repositories of PostgreSQL 11, 12 and 13 for
SLES15 SP2 to our SUSE Manager environment from the following
download links:
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/11/suse/sles-15.2-x86_64/
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/12/suse/sles-15.2-x86_64/
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/13/suse/sles-15.2-x86_64/

When trying to install the development package for PostgreSQL version
11 or 12 there is a dependency to clang10-devel package that doesn't
seem to be a part of SLES15 SP2.
As far as we know, clang9 and clang9-devel versions are included from
SUSE for SLES15 SP2.
But installing of PostgreSQL version 13 is possbile, so maybe this
version is bound to clang9?

I'm using the following repo repo for LLVM and CLANG:

zypper addrepo
https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:aaronpuchert:Backports:SLE-15/openSUSE_Backports_SLE-15-SP1/home:aaronpuchert:Backports:SLE-15.repo

but looks like they also removed clang 10, and added 11. Let me see
what I can do. I think downgrading to 9 is not an option for now. Looks
like I will need to upgrade to clang 11, and rebuilt the packages with
that .

FWIW, I (try to) document the external SLES 15 repos that I use for
building and installing PostgreSQL and related RPMs on this platform:

https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgrpms/wiki/

Regards,
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Attachment