Regarding pg_dump utility - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From soni de
Subject Regarding pg_dump utility
Date
Re: Regarding pg_dump utility
List pgsql-performance

Hello,

We have to take a backup of database and we know the pg_dump utility of postgresql.

But may I know, is there any API for this pg_dump utility so that we can call it from the C program? Or only script support is possible for this.

I think script support is bit risky because if anything goes wrong while taking backup using pg_dump then user will not understand the problem of falling

If only script support is possible then what should we prefer perl or shell?

Please provide me some help regarding this

Thanks,

Soni