warm standby possible with 8.1? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From zhong ming wu
Subject warm standby possible with 8.1?
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear List

Is it possible to have a warm standby with 8.1?  I have set up log
shipping to standby server but it seems that i cannot make it read any
subsequent
walfiles except the first one played with initial data.With pg_standy
with 8.2+ it is so easy to make it work but I would also like to have
a warm standby for this 8.1 server.

My set up is to monitor data/ dir for recovery.done.  If it is there,
stop the server, rename recovery.done to recovery.conf and then start
the server.
Will this work as a warm standy if recovery.conf contains a restore command?

restore_command='cp walfiles/%f %p'

Thanks

mr.wu