Re: Internet is putting lot of competition fire & heat under Microsoft SQL Server - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Steve O'Hagan
Subject Re: Internet is putting lot of competition fire & heat under Microsoft SQL Server
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Seems little point in posting this to postgresql groups . . .preaching to
the converted??? Perhaps you should post on a micro$oft or a general SQL
group?

Oh, and how about a good guide for upsizing from M$ SQL and / or M$ ACCESS
to Postgresql - that'd be far more usefull ...

(Aside: Money is not the real issue here. I had nothing against Microsoft in
the past, in fact with WIN98SE / Office 97, I was quite impressed with the
ease of use, and usefulness of the applications - now some stability issues
needed fixing - and I had looked forward to WinMe / Office 2K to fixing
these issues. Since 'upgrading' to WinMe / Office 2K, however, I've had at
least 1 or 2 crashes per day. Saving a Word document shouldn't bring down
the whole OS!! Thus, I'm now thoroughly disgruntled. If I'm now looking for
alternatives to Windoze and M$ applications - it's entirely Microsoft's
fault for rushing out incomplete and buggy software, and then trying to
'dupe' their customers into buying 'upgrades', instead of admitting that
they're really beta releases. BTW, why the heck do we need new office
applications every 1 to 2 years anyway?  Most of the M$ Office users in my
company haven't even got to grips with even one tenth the functionality of
Office 95 yet!).

Regards,
SGO.