Re: Re: How to install on Windows? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Erick Papadakis
Subject Re: Re: How to install on Windows?
Date
List pgsql-general
hi fabrice,

thanks for taking the time to write that. i have indeed read the manual
(however thin it is), and i have seen several postgresql sites, searched on
google/av/fast - but there is *nothing* that tells me what to do with the
cygwin thingie. i am sorry for being a newbie, but i would appreciate if you
could tell me what is "initb"?

alternatively, i would appreciate if you could tell me where i can find a
manual that i can RTFM. thanks! (or is it that i need to read 5000 websites
just to find out that the cygwin setup asks me even more questions that have
no help?)

i apologise for being stupid, but i have done my homework and am posting
here after doing all that. actually, i see the lack of an installable to be
an opportunity rather than a problem, and i would love to make a simple
installable for folks like me, but i need to understand how to get this
thing working on my own computer first!

thanks a lot/erick

"Fabrice Scemama" <fabrice@scemama.org> wrote in message
> People, saying that it is easy to install Pg on NT
> using Cygwin environment does not assume that *using*
> Pg on win32 can be done the way a MS product is
> -- that is, clicking on an icon and playing with the
> toy without never ever reading any doc.
>
> You must initb, then create your databases, etc. Do RTFM !

---