Re: How to install on Windows? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From WT Medewerker
Subject Re: How to install on Windows?
Date
List pgsql-general
>hello
>
>is there a human readable tutorial on how to install postgresql on windows
>platforms? i have no clue what cygwin is, but when i download it, it
>downloads a bunch of other stuff on my machine! how do i know what i have
>choose in order to be able to install postgresql later?
>
>thanks/erick

I currently trying to get it running on a nt box.
So far I've downloaded the postgress tar.gz file at
ftp://ftp.nl.uu.net/pub/unix/db/postgresql/binary/v7.0/NT/
and when trying to run postgres a complaint of a missing
cywin1.dll occured.

the dll can be found in the cygwin-1.3.1-1.tar.gz package on
http://programming.ccp14.ac.uk/ftp-mirror/programming/cygwin/pub/cygwin/late
st/cygwin/
or some other mirror site

Now I've got complaints about databases which don't exist.
So far that's all what I needed of cygwin

hth