Re: PoC: custom signal handler for extensions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Anastasia Lubennikova
Subject Re: PoC: custom signal handler for extensions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 03.09.2020 14:25, Pavel Borisov wrote:
Is there a chance to see you restarting working on this patch ?

I noticed that despite interest to the matter, the discussion in this CF thread stopped quite a while ago. So I'd like to push here a patch revised according to the previous discussion. Actually the patch is being used as a part of the pg_query_state extension during several major PostgreSQL releases. So I'd like to raise the matter of reviewing this updated patch and include it into version 14 as I see much use of this change.

I welcome all your considerations,

I took a look at the patch. It looks fine and I see, that it contains fixes for the latest questions in the thread.

I think we should provide a test module for this feature, that will serve as both test and example of the use.

This is a feature for extension developers, so I don't know where we should document it. At the very least we can improve comments. For example, describe the fact that custom signals are handled after receiving SIGUSR1.

--
Anastasia Lubennikova
The Russian Postgres Company