Re: Recovering / undoing transactions? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ivan Voras
Subject Re: Recovering / undoing transactions?
Date
List pgsql-general

> It's not really possible to do that.  The blogger might've thought he'd
> accomplished something but I seriously doubt that his database was
> consistent afterward.  You can go back in time using PITR, if you had
> the foresight and resources to set up continuous archiving, but just
> whacking pg_xlog around is far from sufficient.

Ok, just to verify I'm thinking about it in the right way: in
abstract, with PITR, I would need a known-good starting point (e.g. a
full backup) + files from pg_xlog created from the time of the
starting-point, then restore the starting-point backup and then
restore from PITR/xlog up to the point I want?