[PERFORM] CREATE EXTENSION postgis; - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Daulat Ram
Subject [PERFORM] CREATE EXTENSION postgis;
Date
List pgsql-performance

Hi team,

Is this possible to create the  postgis extension by CREATE EXTENSION postgis; in PostgreSQL 9.1

As I know the template_postgis database is created by default during postgis installation to support the spatial objects.

I am getting below the  error messages while creating postgis extension, under POSTGIS="1.5.3

ERROR:  could not open extension control file "/data/PostgreSQL/9.1/share/postgresql/extension/postgis.control": No such file or directory

ERROR: could not open extension control file "/data/PostgreSQL/9.1/share/postgresql/extension/postgis.control": No such file or directory

SQL state: 58P01

Please help on this.

Regards,

Daulat

DISCLAIMER:

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Check all attachments for viruses before opening them. All views or opinions presented in this e-mail are those of the author and may not reflect the opinion of Cyient or those of our affiliates.