Re: Updated Press Release Draft - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Updated Press Release Draft
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sep 21, 2006, at 4:45 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> I aggree with Harald that the cutting edge features should be
>> mentioned
>> after the buzz-word-compliant features.
>
> ... hmmm, problem is, that Dtrace is actually one of our most
> press-attractive features, right now.  I don't want that to be
> next-to-last in the lineup.

The problem is that a whole lot of folks have no clue what Dtrace is.
It'd be better to say something like "l33t, ub3r powerful monitoring
capability!" (ok, maybe not...)

Even better would be some nice pretty pictures of some nice pretty
monitoring tools. At least that'd get the PHBs more excited...
--
Jim Nasby                                    jimn@enterprisedb.com