Re: Survey on backing up unlogged tables: help us with PostgreSQL development! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: Survey on backing up unlogged tables: help us with PostgreSQL development!
Date
Re: Survey on backing up unlogged tables: help us with PostgreSQL development!  (Jayadevan M <Jayadevan.Maymala@ibsplc.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 19 Nov 2010, at 4:23, Jayadevan M wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>> One doubt - if the tables are 'unlogged' , will the DMLs against these
>>> still be replicated to a slave?
>>>

>> Yes, because the system tables, which store the layout of all tables, is
>
>> written to WAL.
> Thank you for the reply. But my doubt was not about layout, rather the
> DMLs. If I do an insert into an 'unlogged' table, what happens to that?
> Will that be replicated in the slave (using PostgreSQL's inbuilt
> replication)?

What are the use-cases for replicating unlogged tables?

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4ce6246e10421025920086!