Re: How to build my own 9.2.4 installer package for IBM Power System ppc64 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ascot.moss@gmail.com
Subject Re: How to build my own 9.2.4 installer package for IBM Power System ppc64
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi John,

On 17 Apr 2013, at 11:30 AM, John R Pierce wrote:

> on AIX, I build mine to run in /opt/$MYGROUP/pgsql/9.2 and I just tar it up and distribute it as a tarball to my
operationspeople. I'd previously asked them if they wanted it as a system package, and their response was 'why
bother?'.     I throw in a script that adds it as a service (via /etc/init.d & rc3.d, I'm too lazy to figure out the
newAIX 6.1 service manager).

Thanks, would you mind to share your script and steps that add pg as a service (I am using IBM ppc64 Linux)?

regards