Re: Let's Do the CoC Right - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: Let's Do the CoC Right
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jan 22, 2016, at 10:35 AM, Rajeev Bhatta <techie.rajeev@yahoo.in> wrote:

> Any process or change is perfected over course of time.. The current CoC may not be perfect but time will make it.

It is better than none, I’ll grant you, but it could be SOOO much better right now.

> Ideas can be solicited from other groups but CoC should be created and enforced by our community alone…

It’s fair to draw on the experience and expertise of others who have gone before us, yes.

>> BTW, I am one of those “through someone else” people of which you speak.
>
> I am sorry to hear that... The fact that you are raising your opinion shows your passion for postgres project which
isvery appreciated and I hope if there are others they should be back and see that there is an effort to minimize the
illtreatment they had to suffer.

Oh, no doubt, but the fact that they’re not participating (or barely) shows that the current proposal is insufficient.

Best,

David
Attachment