Re: Terrible plan for join to nested union - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Nate Allan
Subject Re: Terrible plan for join to nested union
Date
List pgsql-performance
>you are using EAV schema - it is against to relation model enough :)
>this schema has the most terrible performance for large datasets - looks on hstore instead

>Pavel

Actually despite the table named Attribute, I am not doing EAV though I can see why you'd think that.  Attributes are
partof the conceptual domain I'm modeling and I assure you there are first class columns in the schema for everything.
Regardless,that has nothing to do with my performance problem with joining to a nested union.

-Nate