Re: [GENERAL] Performance of full outer join in 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Grzegorz Jaskiewicz
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Performance of full outer join in 8.3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 16 Apr 2009, at 19:41, Merlin Moncure wrote:

> Is that because of how the output is formatted though, or because the
> concepts are difficult to express? (I agree though, json is better
> especially for structures that are possibly highly nested).
What I mean is that what postgresql displays currently as
explain(analyze[verbose]) is clear and understandable.
Also, it is getting better and better from version to version. So I
don't personally agree, that it is unreadable - and I am up for (and I
am sure many users like me are) JSON, or XML output.