Re: Bug in aggregates in windowing context - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug in aggregates in windowing context
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> A bug that's documented in the source code is still a bug.

Sorry, but we are not going to define every unimplemented feature in
SQL:2008 as being a back-patchable bug fix candidate.  As for the "it's
not documented" argument, I direct you to section 4.2.8, which is pretty
explicit about what the allowed syntax is.  (And btw, I'm equally
uninterested in the other omissions in that compared to SQL:2008.
We did what we could for 8.4.)