Re: html to postgres... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Grant
Subject Re: html to postgres...
Date
List pgsql-general
On 16 Jul 2001 11:07:55 -0400, Mitch Vincent wrote:
> You could put the entire HTML page directly into a text type field in
> PG..... That would give you limited flexibility as far as searching and
> indexing goes but you didn't mention any specifics of what you were
> attempting to do by having the pages in a database....

Yes I was vague - the heat is coming back...

These are film and director pages in a movie site. I am looking at
HTML->XML tools then with a parser I should be able to create a tab
delimited text file.

The objective is now that we will be moving from hundreds to thousands
of pages a database generated site seem more reasonable...

Cheers

Tony

--
RedHat Linux on Sony Vaio C1XD/S