Re: TPC-R benchmarks - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Oleg Lebedev
Subject Re: TPC-R benchmarks
Date
List pgsql-performance
I ran VACUUM FULL ANALYZE yesterday and the re-ran the query with
EXPLAIN ANALYZE.
I got the same query plan and execution time.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 4:20 PM
To: Oleg Lebedev
Cc: Josh Berkus; scott.marlowe; pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] TPC-R benchmarks

Oleg Lebedev <oleg.lebedev@waterford.org> writes:
> All right, my query just finished running with EXPLAIN ANALYZE. I show

> the plan below and also attached it as a file. Any ideas?

Uh, have you done an ANALYZE (or VACUUM ANALYZE) on this database? It
sure looks like the planner thinks the tables are a couple of orders of
magnitude smaller than they actually are.  Certainly the estimated sizes
of the joins are way off :-(

If you did analyze, it might help to increase the statistics target and
re-analyze.

            regards, tom lane

This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential material intended for the named recipient only.
If you are not the named recipient, delete this message and all attachments.
Unauthorized reviewing, copying, printing, disclosing, or otherwise using information in this e-mail is prohibited.
We reserve the right to monitor e-mail sent through our network.