Serial type currval - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Lebedev
Subject Serial type currval
Date
List pgsql-general
I am wondering if it's possible to retrieve the current value of a serial type field without using the name of the corresponding sequence?  I know that currval function takes the sequence name as a parameter, but I would like to use the name of the serial field instead. Is this possible?
Thanks.

Oleg

This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential material intended for the named recipient only.
If you are not the named recipient, delete this message and all attachments.
Unauthorized reviewing, copying, printing, disclosing, or otherwise using information in this e-mail is prohibited.
We reserve the right to monitor e-mail sent through our network.