64 Bit versus 32 Bit - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Cevin A Moses
Subject 64 Bit versus 32 Bit
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Good afternoon,
    I’m not sure if you can help me, but maybe at least shed some light on things.  I have a MS-Access database used by
6-7different users.  It mostly uses an MS-Access backend, but there are some connections to a PostgreSQL server as
well. It was built with MS-Access 2010 32-bit because we still had a few 32-bit WinXP machines floating around.  I used
thePostgreSQL Unicode driver, version 9.01.01.00, and configured the connection with Window’s ODBC Data Source
Administrator(32-bit).  It has been working for several years.
    Now that all of the computers have all been upgraded, some of the newer ones are getting Office 365 64-bit
installed. When they open the database with a 64-bit version of Access, the ODBC connections fails.  If I reinstall the
32-bitruntime version of MS-Access to open the file, everything works fine.  However, I have tried installing the
64-bitPostgreSQL driver, version 11.00.00.00, but Access 64-bit still gives me the same error.  The 64-bit ODBC
connectiontest within the ODBC Data Source Administrator (64-bit) says that it is successful, but 64-bit Access still
can’topen it.  I don’t know if I can have both the 32-bit and the 64-bit drivers installed and setup with the same
networkconnections or not.  I’m not sure if there’s anything within the Access database file that’s directing it to use
the32-bit connection, but the 64-bit version of Access doesn’t like it, or what.
    If you can shed any light on this I would appreciate it.  Might be more of an Access-side question, but I thought
I’dreach out just in case.

Thanks,

Cevin Moses
cevin@imoses.com