Re: [HACKERS] ordering RH6.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: [HACKERS] ordering RH6.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Lamar Owen wrote:
> [Cristian, Jeff: we have a problem here.  RedHat 6.1 Install versus
> RedHat 6.0 upgraded to 6.1 behaves differently. Ideas of where to start
> looking?]
> I'm going to retry this exact set of queries again at home -- I wasn't
> able to reproduce the last set of results -- but we'll see what happens
> here.

Ok, confirmation.  On my home machine, which was upgraded to RedHat 6.1 from
RedHat 6.0, I get the correct results:
column1
------     1    11   100     2
(4 rows)

> Recap while I'm waiting for regression to finish:
> The fresh install of RedHat 6.1 is from the exact same CD that I
> upgraded my home box from RH 6.0.  The ONLY difference is the fresh
> install versus the upgrade -- same versions of PostgreSQL. I am going to
> double check regression at home, but I have not seen these results
> before, and I distinctly remember running regression at home.  I'll keep
> you all updated.

Update: regression tests that fail on my 6.0-6.1 home machine: float8 and
geometry -- which are normal to fail on RedHat any version.  IOW, no collation
problems at home! Oh, I'm running the exact same postgresql binary RPM's at
home as I am running on the fresh RH 6.1 install at work.

Time to dig into date and time stamps on installed RPMs versus updated RPMs.

Frans, try installing RedHat 6.0 on a box, then upgrading to RH 6.1, then rerun
your tests and see what happens.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio