Re: Mandrake RPMs (was RPM build on Suse linux 6.2) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Mandrake RPMs (was RPM build on Suse linux 6.2)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> > --rebuild is enough -- but RedHat is not the only RPM-based distribution
> > (nor is linux the only OS that can have RPM installed....).  Time to buy
> > CheapBytes' Mondo CD pack (five linux distributions on CD)....
> I've sent off mail to the Mandrake folks regarding the Postgres RPMs;
> will let you know what I find out. Current problems:
> 1) they don't have the latest release. I asked whether they had a
> mechanism for releasing updates to packages over and above the limited
> number I see on their site.

The last Mandrake release is for the Cooker development setup (go to
rpmfind.net, Mandrake Cooker, pull up a RPM list by name, and go to the P's.).
They last put in 6.5.2-1 in Cooker.  And Cooker has the src.rpm.

> btw, they show the same /usr/lib/pgsql permissions problem.

Yeah, that one is going to bite us one day.  There was never a documented need
to change it before.  It is changed in my local copy of the spec file already,
so it will go into the next build (as the gruesome HOWTO gets canned at the
same time.... I didn't want to look _too_ eager to find an excuse to release
another RPM set so soon after our HOWTO discussion and resolution....).

Do you have a preference as to doing a quick bugfix RPM release versus waiting
a little to get other bugs squashed at the same time?

Can you forward Mandrake's reply to me??

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio