Re: [GENERAL] RPM vs. tar for 6.5.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Aaron J. Seigo
Subject Re: [GENERAL] RPM vs. tar for 6.5.3
Date
List pgsql-general
hi...

> It's up to you, really.  What I see as a trend for system administrator's
> policies is the eventual migration to "roll-your-own" binaries.  For ease
> of use and installation, immediate gratification, etc., go with RPM.  For
> configurability of the binary, control of the file-placement schema, and
> security of the source code, "rolling-your-own" is most definitely the way
> to go.

of course, you can make your own RPMs. there are some decent tools out there to
ease this process. so you can roll you own on one system, package it, and
distribute it as RPM across your network...

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Sys Admin