Fwd: test problem in english now ( excuse me ! ) suite regress test - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Fwd: test problem in english now ( excuse me ! ) suite regress test
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I've been helping this fellow out -- and he drops this regression diff on me.
I'm thinking that most, if not all, of the failures are due to locales and
associated collating order and money problems.  Am I right, or off-base here?

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio
1 PEter 4:11

Subject: test problem in english now ( excuse me ! ) suite regress test
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 01:40:35 +0100
From: Franck MESNIER <fmesnier@Dial.oleane.com>

Le ven, 29 oct 1999, Lamar Owen s'adressait � la foule en d�lire en ces termes :
> You appear to be running the regression script as user 'franck' -- you
> need to su to user 'postgres', then run the script (sorry I didn't see
> that before....).
> On my RedHat 6.1 devel machine, as user postgres, I was able to run the
> regression just five minutes ago.

Hi

I read in your web page you're born 29.01.68 so I have to speak respectfully
to you because I'm born 30.01.68 -)

I succed to do the regress test finally, but I have 8 tests who are failed I
send you the regression.diffs file and so, what can i do for this, is it
important ?

Thanks

Franck