RE: [INTERFACES] pgAdmin v6.5.2 Released - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Compte utilisateur Sultan-advl
Subject RE: [INTERFACES] pgAdmin v6.5.2 Released
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hi Dave,

Yes i like the look of this product.
Not a fan of WindowsXX but I will  learn more about pgAdmin; thinking it can
help to discover & 'popularize' Postgresql database.

> > A) In the log file the password is not hidden  (in the
> > Environment Details
> > Properties) ! ?
> > Is there something to configure to change this ?
>
> No, currently there isn't. I'll put it on the To-Do list.

Nice !

> > B) Just a little problem, the soft send me break messages
> > (See log file) :
> > Maybe something to upgrade for  this problem ?
>
> Sorry, thats a minor bug. If you execute the following query (on each
> database you use) all should be OK:
>
> CREATE VIEW pgadmin_ver AS SELECT version() AS version;
>
> Background: Older versions of pgAdmin used MS DAO which could not do selects
> from functions eg. SELECT version();. ADO can select from functions, so I
> removed the old workaround (a view which selected from the function was
> created in all databases automatically). However the code still uses this
> view in a couple of places as you have found... Ooops.

Great it works fine now.

Many thanks for pgAdmin; will send backgrounds in the future.
Emmanuel.