Re: [HACKERS] Time to drop old-style (V0) functions? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Time to drop old-style (V0) functions?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/1/17 02:22, Andres Freund wrote:
> One unaddressed question in those patches is what we do with
> src/backend/utils/fmgr/README - I'm not quite sure what its purpose is,
> in its current state.  If we want to keep it, we'd probably have to
> pretty aggressively revise it?

Some of the information in there, such as the use of the FmgrInfo and
FunctionCallInfoData structs, doesn't seem to appear anywhere else in
that amount of detail, so it would be a loss to just delete the file, I
think.  Perhaps just lightly editing out the "I propose to do this" tone
would work.