Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v12 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v12
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2022-09-02 14:17:26 +0700, John Naylor wrote:
>> +  # FIXME: -output option is only available in perl 5.9.3 - but that's
>> +  # probably a fine minimum requirement?
>>
>> Since we've retired some buildfarm animals recently, it seems the
>> oldest perl there is 5.14? ... which came out in 2011, so it seems
>> later on we could just set that as the minimum.

> At the moment we document 5.8.3 as our minimum, supposedly based on some
> buildfarm animal - but that's probably outdated.

Yeah, definitely.  prairiedog was the only animal running such an old
version, and it's gone.  I don't think we have anything testing ancient
bison or flex anymore, either.  I'm a fan of actually testing whatever
we claim as the minimum supported version of any tool, so there's some
work to be done here, on buildfarm config or docs or both.