Re: Wanted: PostgreSQL 12 on SLES 12 - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: Wanted: PostgreSQL 12 on SLES 12
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

On Fri, 2019-11-15 at 22:39 +0100, Christoph Berg wrote:
> > Hello,
> > we want to use PostgreSLQ 12 in a productive environment on SLES 12 SPx.
> > Are there plans to provide the RPMs in (very) near future? This would help
> > us a lot, as the update process is much simpler when we can use your RPMs
> > right from the start.
>
> From https://twitter.com/DevrimGunduz/status/1189160307043774464 :
>
> > #SLES 12 Announcement | Due to various issues,  mostly related to broken
> > external repositories that we have to depend on, the #PostgreSQL repository
> > will stop supporting newer #PostgreSQL releases. I will keep maintaining up
> > to v11 until foreseeable future.

Yeah. I'm not excited about SLES builds anymore. I'm really sick of depending
some external repos for some external dependencies that suddenly disappear. I
with SLES had something like EPEL.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Attachment